Pages

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Let's sum it up.

For over a month now this blog has talked about our healthcare in this country. Not everyone is going to be on our side and we get that. Our goal was to educate the people who were on the border or didn't know exactly what is really going on. Whether it was positive or negative, helpful or useless, interesting or snooze worthy, we covered it. So I want to take the time to sum a few things up if you are a new reader or if you want healthcare wrapped up in a nutshell. Allow me to start with some the basics.

The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, also known as Obama care, puts in place strong consumer protections, provides new coverage options and gives you the tools you need to make informed choices about your health. This act was established by president Barack Obama. His goal is to get insurance for those who are unable to get it on their own and help the people who already have it by not allowing insurance companies to charge you more if your already sick. I like many young Americans benefited from Obama care. I am 23 years old, and because of Obama care I am still able to be on my parents insurance and receive amazing coverage without having to go broke.

For the millions of Americans who benefit from Obama care we were on the edge of our seats awaiting the results of the 2012 elections to confirm that this act was going to continue helping us. Governor Mitt Romney was trying to change things for us. With the help of Paul Ryan, they developed Ryan's Plan, which would cause many seniors to have to pay more for the same insurance they are paying less for now. As we of course know Barack Obama did win the 2012 elections, so we should expect to get the help we need at least for the next 4 years.

I want to take the time to say that I support Barack Obama because I can only imagine how hard things can get being the boss of the country. He wants to help the little guys, like me. If I didn't clear up The Affordable Care Act as much as you would have liked watch this short video from President Barack Obama himself and consider all the good that will come.




No comments:

Post a Comment